Pages

Wednesday 23 February 2011

Oops!

So I've lived up to what I said about the lack of regular updates! To say I've been busy would be a lie, unless it was busy doing nothing! I guess my excuse is that writing (yet another) weekly blog for uni puts me off writing one for fun! Oh well, I'm here now!

So, I've just looked in my diary and found out that it's 6 weeks until I have to have my dissertation pretty much finished and ready to be bound, and a measly 13 weeks until my last ever university deadline. Scary stuff! 

However, one thing that made it better yesterday was (finally!) getting the marks back for the second module I did last semester, E-Publishing. I managed to get a 62, which is a 2:1, which I'm very happy with because it's made up for my Writing for Performance  marks (58), to drag my semester marks up to a 60, which will do for now! I'm happy that I got quite good marks for E-Publishing especially, seeing as that's kind of that I'm doing my dissertation on!

 Anyway, what I'm taking ages to say is that it seems if I get 2:1s this semester, especially a good one for my dissertation, I could still graduate with a 2:1...which makes me very happy!

So it's time to get my head down and get a degree. The problem is that March/April are big months in my social calendar (wow, that was so cheesy), which sounds like a pathetic excuse, and probably is, however; this year it's my best friend's 21st, then mine 11 days after that, and then I'm going on holiday six days after that. So they're quite unavoidable, big things on the calender. What I need is time management. Well actually, I'm quite good at the whole 'being organised' thing; I have all my notebooks and folders and textbooks all neatly arranged. I have about 4 different deadline sheets/timetables. I even have a motivation wall...



 I suppose being slightly OCD helps with the whole organisation. It's just the doing  part that defies me. That's the thing I need to work on. Not sitting there and thinking 'let's do some work' and then two seconds later going 'ooooh shiny distraction!' Or even, writing a blog post about how bad I am at actually doing work! 

3 comments:

  1. well atleast you're organised which I'm totally not! That's half the battle. waiting for my exam results on Friday, I'm currently on 61.2, so if I do well I'm still on track for a 2.1 and if I do badly...well it's time to panic. well done on your e-publishing mark!
    also, I finally decided to update my own blog! (which I've had for years)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you :) And good luck with your exam results...I'm sure you'll have done great. Let's go kick some degree ass and get us some 2:1s ;)

    I've subscribed to your blog...the 30 day photo challenge is very cool! A girl from uni is doing the 365 day one! xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I could never do the 365 day one! toooo much. haha thanks, and if I do terribly, atleast I have an episode of grey's to look forward to!

    ReplyDelete