Pages

Saturday 10 December 2011

A look back at 2011

Doing all of this preparation for my Happiness Project and making plans to make 2012 an amazing and super productive year has made me think about 2011. Every year, people start to do facebook quizzes about the year. I couldn't find any 2011 ones yet (fb notes clearly aren't cool anymore...were they ever anyway?!) I really enjoy doing them though, because they cause me to really think about the year and what I achieved. So I found last year's batch of them and copied my own. It's always interesting to me to read my past answers to questions, just like I love reading old diary entries, despite them making me cringe for the next few days thinking of how embarrassing my younger self was (and still is). So here's a quick summary of 2011: 


 What did you do in 2011 that you have never done before?
I flew on a plane on my own for the first time. Quite a few times actually. 

Did you keep all of last year's resolutions?
I can't even remember what they were if I'm honest. 

Have you any resolutions for next year?
Due to my Happiness Project, I've got loads. 

What countries did you visit?
LOADS this year! Greece in April, Germany in May, Ireland in July, Italy in September. 

What would you like to have in 2012 that you didn't have in 2011?
Self discipline. A full time job. A bank balance that doesn't have a (-) before it. More time outside, doing different and interesting things.

What date in 2011 will remain etched in your memory?
13/07/11 Graduation Day :) Despite the hell that was 3rd year and the unspeakable disaster that was the night before my dissertation deadline, graduation day was THE BEST DAY EVER.  

What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Graduating, definitely. 

What was your biggest failure?
Ha. Italy. Let's move on.

Did you suffer any illness or injury?
I have a constant cold, but that's nothing new. I don't think I injured myself. I spilled boiling hot coffee down my last night but luckily once the shock had worn off, I was ok. 

What was the best thing you bought?
Hmmm....The Happiness Project 

Whose behaviour merited celebration?
My family and friends for putting up with me! That's my answer from last year, and I'm keeping it because it's still true.

Whose behaviour made you appalled or depressed?
A certain Italian family. My own at times. People who do mindless, cruel things to others. ANYONE who rioted/looted. 

Where did most of your money go?
At the start of the year it was rent and food. Other than that, plane tickets and other travel costs. And general every day stuff. 

What did you get really really really excited about?
Loooooaaaaaddddddddssssssss of things. It's been such an action packed year. 

What have you been listening to in 2011?
Spotify, Key 103. Adele's album over and over again. 

What was your favourite TV show?
Ooooooohhh. Well Gilmore Girls will always be number one. But How I Met Your Mother just joined the ranks. Grey's, Gossip Girl and Greek are all up there too. And Glee of course. If you want to write a great TV show, give it a name that begins with 'G'.

What was the best film you discovered in 2011?
Hmm. I watched The Shawshank Redemption for the first time if that counts?

What is the best book you've read this year?
The Happiness Project - Gretchen Rubin. AND Divergent by Veronica Roth.

Compared to this time last year are you:
Fatter or thinner?
I'm not sure if I'm honest. 

Happier or sadder?
Again I'm not sure. Happier probably, because uni was stressful. However, job hunting is stressful. 

Richer or poorer?
poorer.

What do you wish you'd done more of?
Had more fun. Had more courage. Taken more risks. 

What do you wish you'd done less of?
Moaning and wasting too long in bed asleep...Again, I'm keeping this answer. Wasting time is my biggest vice. 

Did you fall in love in 2011?
Nope

How many one night stands?
None.

Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
Nope. Just that one same person. Always will. 

What did you want and get?
A DEGREE! And loads of other things because I'm spoilt. 

What did you want and not get?
Hmm. Can't think of anything. 

How old were you on your birthday and what did you do to celebrate it?
21 and I had a party at my house which was epic. 

What one thing would have made your year more satisfying?
Having more money. 

How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2011?
'Lazy, rolled out of bed and threw on the first clothes I could find' look. I am trying to improve my wardrobe, to make myself look more like an adult and not a 14 year old tomboy. 

What kept you sane?
My family and friends.

Which celebrity did you fancy the most?
Neil Patrick Harris. Oh no actually, probably Darren Criss. 

Which political issue stirred you the most?
I don't pay nearly enough attention to politics as I should. 

Who did you miss?
My Bangor people :( I miss being a ten minute walk away from everybody/mostly everything. 

Who was the best new person you met?
All the bloggers/authors/people at TWCS I've met this year. The amazing authors that practically wrote my dissertation for me. 

Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned this year?
I've learned quite a few again this year. The biggest lesson I've learned is that you have to stand up for yourself because no matter how many people you hide behind, you have to rely on yourself when it comes down to it. 

How will you be spending Christmas?
With my family as usual. 

How will you be spending New Year's Eve?
No idea yet! 

Quote a song lyric that sums up your year
"Now don't drown in your tears babe, push your head towards the air."


1 comment:

  1. Ooooh I might have to copy this and put it on my blog for nearer the end of December! I think we should both be proud of ourselves this year, and by this time in 2012 lets hope we're both in publishing ;)

    The Cait Files

    ReplyDelete