Pages

Friday 18 November 2011

Happiness Project Preparation

So like I mentioned a couple of days ago, I'm starting preparations for my Happiness Project, which I'm starting on 1st Jan 2012. I'm spending the next month and a half figuring out what I want to focus on and how, and my specific resolutions for each area. For anybody who's interested in starting their own project, I advice visiting The Happiness Project Toolbox  which was set up by Gretchen Rubin to help people get started. As well as being a good place to plan and document ideas etc, it's also a good place to see other peoples' projects too. (After looking at the ideas boards, I ended up with 58 commandment ideas because they were all so awesome. I had a hard time narrowing them down).

However, narrow them down I eventually did. I didn't manage to get to 12 just yet though. I managed to get down to 20.


1.  Be Laura. Love Laura. Respect Laura.
2.  Stand up for yourself; you are your own responsibility.
3.  Lighten up. Let it go.
4.  Do it now.
5.  Just breathe.
6. Think before you speak. Be honest; no excuses, no lies.
7.  Focus on the positive.
8.  Be polite and be fair.
9.  Take the high road.
10.   Work hard, play hard.
11.   Don’t settle.
12.   Change the things you can.
13.   Everything happens for a reason, have faith.
14.   Keep an open mind. Don’t judge.
15.   You can’t Sky+ life.
16.   Cut yourself some slack. Forgive yourself.
17.   Listen.
18.   Tomorrow is a new day.
19.   Put in more than you take out
20.   Make every moment worthy of your ‘Best Bits’ montage. 

       I think #20 is my favourite, even though it's probably also the most embarrassing. Watching reality TV, I've always been jealous and wanted my own best bits montage, set to an awesome song. I like to believe that we'll all get one when we die. (Laugh all you want, you know it'd be totally awesome!) 
    
     This list will most likely change before January, but I thought I'd share it anyway. If anybody has any suggestions/ideas, drop me a comment! :) I'd also love to know what your own personal commandments would be! Let me know! 

No comments:

Post a Comment